At the appointment, you will need:
- Proof of income for all household members for the last month (current pay or unemployment check stub, current notice of Decision Letter- Food Share or Medicaid, child support check stub, or written documentation from your employer).
- Proof of identity for you (parent/guardian) and everyone being enrolled. (such as Birth Certificate, hospital record or crib card, photo ID-school or county ID, driver's license or passport).
- Proof of address--any current bills or mail with your address, rent receipt or lease with address included, or any documentation with your name and current address.
- Proof of pregnancy if applicable (ultrasound picture or pregnancy statement from clinic including expected due date).
- Everyone who is being enrolled or recertified must attend the appointment.
- Infant's and children's immunization records may be requested.
Be sure to allow plenty of time for your appointment. Each appointment takes 60-90 minutes.
At the end of your appointment . . .
If you qualify, you will be given an eWIC card to use at the grocery store to purchase nutritious food.
Once enrolled . . .
- Pregnant women can receive WIC through their entire pregnancy.
Infants can receive WIC through their first year. (Then they may be re-enrolled as children.)
- Breastfeeding women are enrolled for up to 12 months at a time.
Women who are not breastfeeding can receive WIC for 6 months after delivery.
- Children can stay on WIC until age 5.
- Women who have recently miscarried are eligible for WIC benefits up to 6 months after miscarriage.